Concept and Project Direction
32 Students of the Department of Music and Dance Education, Orff-Institute
Theatersaal, Orff-Institute Salzburg (Austria)
13 October 1994
Festive project to start off the academic year 1994-1995, based on compositional ideas by John Cage
Department of Music and Dance Education, Orff-Institute, University Mozarteum Salzburg (Austria), 1994
About the Ceremony
Opening Ceremony of the University Year 1994-1995 according to Compositional Ideas by John Cage. Department of Music and Dance Education, Orff-Institute, University Mozarteum Salzburg (Austria). A celebration – performed in English – for the Undergraduates, Graduates and for the students of the Special Course 1994-1995. Salzburg, 13 October 1994
- Acoustic Riddle (Solution: O P E N I N G)
- Another "Lecture on Nothing"
- Yodel with Instructions
- Selected Thoughts from "Silence" by John Cage
- Instrumental Improvisation: Prepared French Horn and Prepared Guitar
- Vocal Improvisation: "Travelling" through Salzburg with Voices
Instruction: Follow the indicated and conducted ways on the Salzburg map with your voice
- "Dance" from John Cage: "3 Dances" (1945)
Instruction for the audience: Take your chair and dance alltogether to the Cagean "Dance".
Find a common end.